Holiday Pet Pampering
Holiday Pet Pampering
When it comes to the holidays, don't forget about your pets. They deserve just as much love and attention as the rest of your family and friends do. After all, pets listen to you when you need an ear, comfort you when you're down and keep you company when you're lonely. Show your pets how much you love them by treating them to some great pet supplies and some extra attention. We have provided a short list of ideas on how to pamper your pet for the holidays.
1. Go for a walk. Take your pet out for some fresh air. Dogs and cats love to be outdoors. For those pets that are young and full of energy, consider a harness or walking harness for more support. For pets that are older or for many cats, you may want to look into pet strollers. These will keep them safe while protecting them from other harmful animals or from running off and getting lost.
2. Travel with them. The busiest travel season of the year is the holiday season. Rather than leaving your pet with a stranger or in an unfamiliar pet-sitting kennel, take them with you and enjoy the trip together. You can find fun and stylish pet travel totes and carriers in a variety of colors and styles.
3. It's family picture time. Have a fun photo shoot with your pet so you can have a picture to share with family and friends. If you are ever feeling down at work or you miss your kitty when you are away from home, think of how much you will appreciate looking at the photo. You can go all out for the photo shoot and dress your pet up with fun pet accessories and clothing. Don't forget the variety of photo frames for the finished product. Check your local dog stores, they may offer pictures with Santa.
4. Play with your pet. Your pet loves undivided attention. Playing with your dog or cat not only makes them happy, but it can lift your spirits, too. You can take advantage of a variety of pet toys, such as chew toys, balls, interactive toys, and other pet supplies, like scratching posts for cats, to entertain your animals.
5. Give them treats. For good behavior or just for being such a good friend, pet treats like rawhide dog bones, catnip and chewable vitamins will be appreciated by your pet. You can even sign up for monthly treat subscriptions that deliver treats right to your door for added convenience.
6. Groom your pet. Yes, pets want to look good just like humans do. Give your pet a bath and brush and cut their fur if needed. You can even buy a book on pet massage. Your pet will feel like she is in a day spa.
7. Give them a hand. Or give them a stair case for that matter. For many animals, accessing certain areas is hard either due to their size or a medical condition. Consider pet stair cases or ramps to give them a helping hand when you are not available.